Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Out With The Old, In With 2013

"Your success and happiness lies in you.  Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."

As I sit here thinking of the upcoming year, I'm nothing but excited for what lies ahead.  The beginning of a new year just exudes the sense of endless possibility, like the world is your oyster.  The goal is to keep that feeling going throughout the entire year, not just for the first few days while everyone adjusts.

Last night was pretty awesome.  I ran around all day getting errands done and then got dressed and ready before heading to Alex's house.  Once there we "ooo'd" and "ahhh'd" over our outfits and the fact that we were all dressed up and then the three of us (Alex, Cale, and I) piled in the car and went to Reposado's.  We sat at the bar for a little while and had a drink while watching the end of the LSU/Clemson bowl game.  In the end, Clemson won by one point, a field goal saving them in the final seconds.  It's always fun to see a team get so excited after a close game or match, though being on the other end can be pretty painful.

The original reservation we had was for 9:15pm but the boys played their cards right and were able to get us seated around 8pm.  We had a rather interesting waiter attending to us but in the end we enjoyed wonderful food, which was actually more like a 5-course meal.  I was honestly pretty full from my drink plus all the water I was consuming but the boys were giving me a hard time about my eating habits.  They made me "sign a contract" saying I'd be getting dessert after dinner and even though my meal more than satisfied me I found a way to enjoy the chocolate cake I ordered.   I originally wanted to get a pumpkin bread dessert but unfortunately it was pre-made with pecans already in it and with the possibility that I'm allergic I had to stay away.  Upon learning that I didn't want something with nuts in it the waiter suggested I try the almond wafers...needless to say Alex and I kind of stared him down for a few seconds before just shaking our heads and picking something else.


After dinner we walked to Walgreens on University to grab some champagne for the big new year celebration.  Of course we always had perfect timing when crossing the street and the light would turn yellow as we were just entering the crosswalk or halfway through it...great for me in my heels, haha.  We made it in before the store closed, made the purchase, and went back to Alex's house.  We have sort of become grandparent-like when it comes to staying up; we were ready to crash and still had almost two hours before the ball dropped.  After snapping a couple of pictures we all changed into sweats and sat on the couch talking and trying our best to stay awake.  Finally it was time, Alex popped the champagne, and we brought in the new year together.  Shortly after I was driven home but I was so happy to be there with those two and I know that 2013 will be good for all of us.  Apparently this was only part one of my Christmas present ("pre-emptive" I think Alex called it) and I'm super excited to see what part two will include.

Here's to the official start of 2013.  Let the good times roll :)
And oh yes, Stanford is playing in the Rose Bowl this afternoon...Go Card!  #proudSUalum

No comments:

Post a Comment