Sunday, January 6, 2013

#NCAAGym2013

Another year and another journey is officially under way for Stanford Women's Gymnastics.  The team had their first competition Friday night at San Jose State; it was the NorCal Quad Meet against San Jose, Sac State, and UC Davis.  It's always interesting to see the team at the beginning of the year and watch as they progress towards NCAA Championships.  They performed well with a couple of little bobbles but were not really rewarded for their efforts, unfortunately.  We were quite frustrated with the judging but that's not something anyone can control and the team did a good job staying within themselves and doing what they could.  I only really know the seniors now, as they were freshmen in the 2009-2010 season, but the traditions are all still familiar which is comforting to old alumnae like my classmates and I.

Speaking of my classmates, we were all in town this weekend!  Blair came out to see the Rose Bowl and then decided to hop up here for a couple of days before going back to Virginia.  I didn't get the chance to run into her until the meet, but once there we all sat together to watch and cheer on the team.  Afterwards we came back and I wanted to go to bed but ended up being dragged out with them.  It was nice to spend that time with everyone since we don't get the opportunity to do so very often at all but being the grandma that I am now I wished it had been in the comforts of my living room instead of a bar downtown.  The combination of being out late and having to get up early for work yesterday morning did not go over too well for me but I got through and then was able to come home and relax for the rest of the day.  I'm not too sure what's on the agenda for this afternoon but it's kind of gloomy outside and I don't want to move.  However, I do have my new Nike+ SportBand and iPod shuffle that I want to try out so I think a run is in order.  I didn't make it to campus to do the loop yesterday so maybe today's the day for that; it would be a nice inaugural route for my new toys  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment