Sunday, July 8, 2012

Napa Valley




Dani and I went out on a whim and decided to drive up to Napa this morning.  This is after Alex and Cale decided to go for July 4th so in a way we copied them :)  I went upstairs last night and told Dani that I was looking for things to do today and it kind of just came up.  We looked at beer tasting in SF but the tour we wanted to do was sold out so we turned to wine tasting in Napa.  We got up early this morning and were out the door by 9:15am.  It was a nice, easy drive and became very beautiful once we entered the wine country.



We decided to go to Sterling Vineyards because they had a great deal:  $25 for four tastings, a tour, and an aerial tram ride.  It was a great day to be outside and we loved the winery.  It was fun to learn a little bit and see how they go about storing and aging the different types of wine.  We lingered for awhile and then Dani bought a bottle of one of the samples.  It was time for lunch at that point and Yelp pointed us in the direction of an amazing hole-in-the-wall BBQ place.  We both enjoyed tri-tip sandwiches before winding our way back through the wineries and into downtown Napa.

We stopped at the Napa Valley Outlets and did some shopping before going home.  We were both successful in our endeavors and came out with a few things; Dani was really excited to find a white blazer while I settled on a couple of shirts and a necklace.  I don't really get the opportunity to spend time with Dani like that, so it made for a very nice day.

When I got home I psyched myself up and went for a run before dinner and heading over to Alex's to play games.  I started off so well in Phase 10 but then Alex swooped in for the win at the end.  We also played Bananagrams which I had a bit more trouble with (I lost the first round on a technicality, dang it!).

I'm not sure what tomorrow will hold and it will be weird to not have work in the morning on Monday. I guess I didn't mention it before but for now my time with Intuitive is up.  It went by quickly and while it's possible that I'll be back there soon in a different capacity, right now I'll just be coaching in the mid-afternoons.  It will be nice because the latest I'll be done with work these days is 6pm so I'll have the evenings free.  Hopefully I hear back from the company soon regarding another, bigger internship but it's a waiting game at this point.

Lastly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!  Even though today was the actual day, I know you'll be celebrating all month and perhaps even all season long.  I hope you had a fabulous day and I can't wait to hear all about it :)  I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment