Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Giants Game

I've tried to post about the final day of trials, but the emotions cut too deep and I just can't seem to get through it.  I decided to skip it, possibly return to it later, and move on to other a different event that happened on Sunday.



My parents came down with my brother and Amanda to take me to a Giants game for my birthday.  It's the first MLB game I've ever been to even though I'm quite a baseball fan.  After a rough morning I met them at my apartment.  We walked together to the Palo Alto Caltrain station and got on a train to SF.  It was a nice ride, about an hour long, and soon we were getting off and walking to the park.  We were a little bit late so we took big strides and got in without a hitch.  It turns out that my mom had purchased an extra ticket and she sold it for $10 on the way to the game.  Once in we found our seats...right behind home plate!!  We also found food which was good because I was starving.  I love game food but I've never enjoyed clam chowder in a bread bowl at a game...only in SF I guess.  The game was rather exciting and it all came down to the last pitch!  The Giants won (they obviously knew I was there for my birthday) and the crowd went wild.  The whole time I was wearing the new SF shirt my parents got for me so I felt like a true fan.  It was so much fun, the park was beautiful, and I can't wait to go back.




After the game I rushed everyone back onto the train because I wanted to be sure to catch the express on that would get us home quickly.  It was another nice ride and soon we were in Menlo Park.  I went and got the car and my parents took me to the Giants store on University and bought me a hat to complete my outfit.  It was really fun to have them there and to share my first ever game with them.  It was really the perfect birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment