Wednesday, May 30, 2012

East-Coast Invasion

This past weekend was super busy but fun and exciting at the same time.  First of all, Blair came in from Virgina really early Thursday morning.  I didn't get to see her until dinner Friday night, but afterwards we came back to our apartment and talked as a class until 2am.  We tend to do that a lot and I love it but this time it was rough because I had to back at the gym by 8am Saturday morning.  I was tempted to call and cancel my private lesson but I thought better of it and ended up getting myself out of bed on time.



After work on Saturday I had to pack up and drive to Sacramento.  My grandmother passed away a little over a month ago and this weekend my family from Boston flew in and we had somewhat of a celebration in her honor.  I got home around 6pm and then we got dressed up and headed out to downtown Sac.  It was fun to be there because the jazz festival was going on so there were a lot of people out and about.  It was also nice to see the sun setting over the bridge and the river; I got some nice pictures with the new camera I got last Friday!  I finally replaced the one that was stolen in Paris and I'm already over the shock that was caused by the money I spent on it.


We met up with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins at The Firehouse and had an amazing dinner.  I can't remember the last time we were all in the same place (usually one or two of us is missing) and it was great to be able to catch up with everyone.  The dinner took over three hours because we were just talking so much and enjoying all the wonderful food.  We went our separate ways afterwards, got some sleep, and then met up the following morning to clean out Nana's apartment.  As a family we went through her possessions and divided it up between all the cousins; whatever was left was donated to charity.  The best part was looking through all the old photos, which definitely brought us all back to those good times when we were younger.

I had to leave Sunday night because the Twisters girls had practice at 9am Monday morning.  It was really late before I got out the door (I didn't want to say goodbye to my family!!) but the drive was smooth and everything worked out just fine.  After work yesterday Tenaya and I decided we wanted to do a BBQ for Memorial Day so we organized some people, whipped out our George Foreman grills, and made some burgers.  It was nice to have people over (it ended up being me, T, CJ, Weedge, Brownie, JP, and Bryant) and I think we all enjoyed the company.  I got to bed late last night after Megan and I decided to purge the stuff in the fridge and do a major cleaning.  It was hard work but made it really nice when I opened the fridge this morning.  All clean and organized, just the way I like it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment