Sunday, April 29, 2012

Across The Bay And Back

I don't think I've brought this up yet, Tenaya will be moving out at the end of May in preparation for podiatry school in the fall.  The school is in Oakland and she is now looking at places across the bay to make her commute a bit more reasonable.  We went on an adventure today to scout out some potential areas and it was fun to get in the car and drive around on such a beautiful afternoon.




Our first stop was Treasure Island, which I don't think I've ever been to.  It's an interesting place with lots of potential, but there isn't much there at the moment.  There are apartments and an elementary school, but most things are run down and in need of a facelift.  The one thing the area has going for it is the view of the bay and the city.  Granted it was gorgeous outside, but looking at the water and seeing the city skyline was awesome.  I don't think we found a place for her to live but it was a nice stop on our tour.




Once we got back in the car we were off to Alameda which wasn't too far away.  We stopped at Starbucks before looking at a couple of apartment complexes.  The first one had a nice community feel to it and the outside layout was nice, but the inner hallways felt very sterile and kind of put us off.  The second area was by the water and again the views were awesome.  Due to the location it would end up being a little more expensive, but it might be worth it.  We were tired after looking around and decided to head back.  It's crazy how different the sides of the bay are...I just feels so much nicer over here (I may be biased) and I'm so happy to live where I do.  I don't envy T's search for a new home but I know she'll find the right place eventually.  I think she will take next week to work her way inland and then who knows where she'll go from there.  Looks like more adventures are going to be worked into our schedule in the coming weeks, woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment