Saturday, May 5, 2012

Twisters Banquet


What a day!  I woke up this morning and gathered all the things I would need for the afternoon before heading out to the gym for one of my weekly private lessons.  When it was over at 9:30 I ran to Target to pick up a couple of last minute things, got back to the gym to change, and was at the banquet site just before 11.  There was a lot going on when I arrived and I was quickly put to work handing out programs.  Afterwards I mingled with the girls and some of their parents while I waited for the formal event to begin.  Allan started with a welcome speech and then we all broke for lunch.  The food was really great but the line was super long so the coaches decided to wait.  Once I finally got up to the front of the line I put some lettuce on my plate and then I had to rush to the front of the room because Allan had started the coaches recognition section of the presentation and I was up first.  I miss the days Allan and I had in the gym together when I was younger, but it's been great getting to know him as a colleague and his speech about me was very nice.  I received a gift of new Twisters shirts (nice ones for meets) from him and Ericka and we exchanged hugs as well.





After the coaches it was time to get cracking on recognition of the girls and all of their accomplishments from the season.  Allan put together picture slideshows for each level and he did a really fantastic job.  It was so cute to see the little ones come up for their awards in their pretty dresses and nice hair-do's.  I had to present one of the awards for the optionals and I was really nervous but it turned out fine.  After the awards were given and everyone was happy most of us went outside to look around the golf course we were sitting on.  Pictures were taken everywhere and it was an honor to be asked to be in so many of them.  I was given cards from the girls and gifts from the parents club; everyone seemed so grateful for everything the coaching staff had done and it was just a nice, heart-warming afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment