Saturday, April 28, 2012

Full-Time Busy Bee

All I can say is that this week has been CRAZY...fun, but crazy.  It was my first full week of work with Intuitive and on top of that I'm still coaching at Twisters.  My internship officially started on Monday and I was there early for an introduction session before meeting up with my manager, getting some materials, and starting my project.  My title is Clinical Engineering Intern which is really funny because clinical engineering the class I hated most in Melbourne, but luckily the stuff I'm doing now is in no way similar.  I'm officially staffed and the first procedure I'm looking at is a right colectomy (basically resecting the ascending colon and rewiring the remaining pieces).  Time seems to go by rather quickly when I'm working, especially on the days when I get to sit in the lab.

Every Tuesday and Thursday they feed us lunch and on Wednesday I snuck one of the boxed lunches they brought into the lab.  It was fantastic not having to worry about it and the food was actually pretty good!  On Friday the IT people came to my cube and set me up with all new equipment so now I have a monitor, laptop, docking station, mouse, computer bag...you name it and it's there.  It was so nice to have new toys to carry around the office as I went from meeting to meeting yesterday.

Even with all the work going on, I still managed to find time to play a little.  After season, SWG has a tradition called "E-Week" in celebration of the accomplishments of the year.  Each night a class comes up with a theme and everyone meets up dressed ready to have fun.  As part of the festivities one of the nights usually involves the alumni who are still around.  This year the theme for our night was "sparkles and bling" and so everyone was wearing the sparkly-est shirt they could find in their closet and we met at Jenny's dorm, Narnia.  The seniors set up food, drinks, and music and SWG members past and present reflected on the 2012 season.  It was a really fun evening and I'm excited to welcome Jenny, Alyssa, Peach, Allie, Cat, and Leni into the sisterhood we alumni have formed.  Weird to think that next year our little freshmen (the frosh when I was a senior) are going to be seniors next year!!  I can't even wrap my head around it.  SWG 2013 officially kicks off on Monday...back to the grind with girls who are ready to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment