Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Already?

It's hard for me to believe that I've been working for Twisters for almost two months now.  It's even harder to think about the fact that I've been home for that long and I'm finally settling into a daily routine.  I'm still hunting for engineering positions, but enjoying the mornings and early afternoons I have to get things taken care of.

Yesterday I was finally able to get my car back up to Sacramento for what will hopefully be it's last repair.  It needs a damper installed in the passenger side door and then after that it should be good as new (let's hope it stays that way for some time).  It was a fun but quick trip...there and back in one day.  I left with Alex after I was done working and we got to my house around 4pm.  I gave Alex the "grand tour" and then we played darts in the garage (fun but he totally killed me, as usual).  While doing that I was able to get Annie to come over which was great because I haven't seen her since before I left for Australia.  She was up in the area because her girls were competing at the Byers meet, so it was perfect timing!  Alex and Annie were introduced and then we spent some time watching the live broadcast of SMG competing at Oklahoma before jetting off to La Placita for dinner.  It was a very yummy but interesting meal because my grandparents were also in town.  On a very happy note, my dad looks amazing!  I can't believe how much he was up and about, walking around as if nothing had happened.  His scar is healing nicely and he was even able to give me a hug, yay!  After dinner Alex and I got back in the car (the Maxima this time) and drove back to Stanford.  We arrived around 9:30pm and were both exhausted.  We passed the time by playing a letter game and dancing and singing to some awesome music.  Even though it felt long, it could have been worse.

This afternoon, SWG had their final home meet, which also served as Senior Day for Brownie, JP, and Peach.  It's really hard for me to believe that these three girls are already seniors!!  It seems like yesterday...I won't get into that now.  All of the girls performed well, with bars being the highlight event, and there were some nice senior tribute videos at the end.  I also saw a bunch of the Twisters level 6's that I coach and they got really excited and sat with me when I came down to watch the videos.  SWG came away with the win and had a 196.575 score that will hopefully boost them in the rankings.  It's always nice to get a win over rival Cal and we were also able to tally one over Arizona.  It's now into the home stretch as they get ready for the Pac-12 competition and post-season.

The weather here has been fantastic this weekend and I look forward to the week ahead.  It's T-Dub's birthday next week so there should be some good times had by all and hopefully some fun things to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment