Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rose And Crown

Yesterday was nice because after work I was able to take advantage of some of my down time.  Carly and I went to the Menlo Park library to replenish our reading material and then I went off to the Target in Mountain View.  I didn't really have purchases in mind, but I came away with two DVDs for $5, a new game to play, and a water bottle...success!  I spent a lot more time at the store than I had originally anticipated, so when I got home there wasn't much time before a group of us were off to the movies.  We went to see Wanderlust and I'm telling you it wasn't worth the money.  It was still nice to get out with some of the girls, but the movie itself was horrible.  Afterwards we went to boba which almost made up for it, but not quite.  We spent some time there and then Carly, Dani, and I came back home.

Later I went to the Rose and Crown (a small pub/bar off of University Ave in downtown Palo Alto) for the first time.  Alex, Ryan, and Tim were there playing darts and I was invited to crash the party.  I got there, an intense competition was going on, and Ryan ended up coming out with the win.  In the downtime between rounds, Alex convinced me to give it a try and after some pointers from Tim, I was invited to join in on the next game.  I was really proud of how close I came at the very end; I got three bulls-eyes and came within two shots of the winner (Tim)!!  I actually surprised myself and had a lot of fun.  We decided that that was enough for one night and I was home by midnight, which was perfect.  I'm not cut out to be up so late anymore and I think a lot of my friends are beginning to feel the same way.  It's crazy how things change when you're done with college :)

This afternoon the men have their last home meet of the season and it's senior night against Michigan.  It should be a really good and rather intense competition; Michigan won NCAAs in 2010 and we did in 2011.  I'm hoping the boys can put together a complete meet, but either way it will be fun.

In other news, some of the kids at UniMelb will be starting school today!  I can't believe that it's that time of the year again and I distinctly remember walking into my first class scared out of my mind.  I don't think I walked away feeling any better because it was Medical Imaging and we were introduced to Fourier transforms and I had no idea what the professor was talking about.  It was definitely a crazy way to start and hard for me to believe that I actually got through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment