Friday, January 20, 2012

Working Woman

I am nearing the end of my first week at Twisters.  It's been a busy few days because I've had a lot of errands to run before my girls start practice at 3:30pm, but I'm happy to get back into some sort of routine.  I think I'm really going to like working for Allan because he keeps up a great atmosphere in the gym.  He even told me that his coaching philosophy is closely in line with that of Kristen and Swiz which is good for me because it's something I am familiar with and greatly admire.  I am working with 30+ girls in total, ranging from level 4 to level 8.  The hardest part for me so far has been trying to get all the names down.  It's really hard because the girls don't come in every day so I'm constantly with a new group.  I'm hoping that I'll know more than half of the names by the end of next week.  It's also been fun seeing and working with one of my former teammates.  We weren't very close in club but have found that we have a lot in common now and she's really great to be around.  I am going to enjoy her company and working with/learning from her.

Besides gymnastics, I've been catching up with people I haven't seen in approximately 11 months and every day there's something new.  I went to the grocery store and saw many things I'm not used to and ran campus loop as well as the dish.  I had the opportunity to play Monopoly with Cale and Alex one night which was fun and reminded me that I don't have homework I have to rush home to anymore...yay!!

Last night my classmates and I picked up our final member...Blair!  We had all planned on going out to SFO to get her and we did even though her flight was delayed and we had to wait until 1:30am.  It was worth it but we all came back and crashed.  I'm hoping we'll get the chance to spend time together this weekend in-between all the SWG alumni events we have scheduled.  Kristen asked me to be the meet director for the competition on Sunday and I think I'm going to do it.  I'm happy to help and she's paying me so how could I say no?  At the meet the alumni will be recognized for their accomplishments and contributions to SWG and then afterwards there is dinner and a little get together.  It's always exciting having a lot of SWGgles in one place and this will be no exception.  I'm proud and honored to be considered part of such an exclusive club and I hope the current members of the team end up feeling the same way after they graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment