Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reunited

After 11 months I was finally reunited with my friends down at Stanford.  I drove down on Sunday morning and arrived at my apartment around 12:30pm.  Tenaya, her parents, and Carly were all there and when I got through the door there was a lot of screaming, hugging, laughing, and smiling.  We didn't have too long before we had to head out to the SWG meet at Burnham so we all piled in the car and were on our way.  As we neared campus I just couldn't help but stare out the window at the scenes I'd missed so much.  Everything was so familiar which gave me a sense of calm, but I was also anxious about seeing everyone!  My heart started pounding as we neared the pavilion but Carly and Tenaya were both there for moral support.  Once I got upstairs it was hug after hug and answering so many questions.  Unfortunately the girls had to go downstairs to help out with the meet but I stayed at the top talking and catching up with everyone.

After the competition was over I was able to say hello to the current members of SWG, the coaches, and my athletic trainer.  I didn't really have a lot of time with them but I'm planning on stopping by the gym and meeting up with them to talk over lunch or something in the near future.  This weekend is the alumni meet (my first one!) and there will be a reception the day before so it will be nice to spend some quality time with them then.  After the competition my classmates and I went out to dinner at Thaiphoon and then got froyo.  We were up late talking and enjoying the "3D-ness" of one another.  The whole day was really exciting but kind of surreal; I feel like it will be that way for a couple of weeks as I'm settling in.  Blair comes in on Thursday and then we will all be truly reunited.  It's going to be a great weekend with everyone in town and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment