Wednesday, December 7, 2011

See You In A Week, Mom And Dad!

Just as a note, I've started, stopped, deleted, and re-started this entry a couple of times now because I really don't have anything to report.  All I've done in the past week is wrap up some loose ends, which means that I've been running back and forth between the bank, the university, the library, a few stores, and my apartment.  I now have less than two weeks left in Melbourne so every time I go somewhere I wonder if it is my last time there.  I'll probably go grocery shopping and to the library once more, but I've been to most places for the last time.  Maybe I'll take my mom and dad around just for kicks.  Btw, they arrive in ONE WEEK!!  I can't believe that after all this time, it's finally (almost) here.

Our first week of summer has been really interesting and looks to continue on that way.  It started out cold but has gotten into the upper 80s in the past couple of days.  From Saturday to Tuesday there is a chance of rain so I still can't pack up my umbrella.  I have packed up almost everything else at this point...one whole bag of things I won't be needing.  The challenge is going to be getting the right stuff home and taking the things I need with me up to the cold and truly wintery Europe.

Yesterday I took care of so many things and today it seems as if I have nothing to do.  It's pretty hot out already, so it might be a good day to find a place to plough through the rest of my book.  I do need to take care of some bank transactions, but that will have to wait for a week or so...oooo, maybe I'll go see a movie or something; it will be nice and cool inside the theater.  I have a little "extra" money because I forgot about the bond I paid when I first moved in and after all the calculations were made, it ends up that I don't owe anything this month for rent and I will actually be getting some of that bond money back instead.  That puts me up $160, always good news.

I'm still waiting to hear about the marks for two of my classes, but they are due by tomorrow evening.  Hopefully the news will be good and I'll finally receive my official invitation to graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment