Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bringing Back Bananas

After 9+ months of going without one of my favorite fruits, I finally had a banana with my oatmeal this morning.  I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but the banana prices skyrocketed after the floods up in Queensland ($15/kilo!).  I'm assuming that the crops are now doing well because the prices have plummeted recently, down to just over $2/kilo.  I was overjoyed when I saw this at the store yesterday and decided it was time to treat myself.  I purchased three bananas and now I will get to enjoy them over the next couple of days.  As my roommate likes to say, "It was divine."

Still nothing overly exciting going on, though we did have a final dinner and said goodbye to Sun.  We went to Stalactites, one of the famous Greek restaurants in town.  I love Greek, and this was really amazing.  Afterwards, we hit up a somewhat fancy bar where Liz and Sun each had a drink.  I enjoyed my water as we talked and took in the scene below us (we were seated at a table upstairs).  It was very low-key and a nice way to end the evening.  We said our final goodbyes and then went our separate ways.  Sun is now back in Korea and two new people have just moved into his room.  It's going to be crazy in here for the next couple of weeks; there are just so many people and I hope it doesn't get too overwhelming.

Also, marks for two of my classes have been posted.  I'm very happy to say that all the crap I endured in Clinical Engineering was worth it because I came out with H1 distinction.  I also passed Tissue Engineering, so now I am just waiting on the other two classes before I can say that I will officially be attending the graduation ceremony in two weeks. 


Lastly, as my time down under comes to a close, I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do with this blog.  I know the stories will continue long after I return home...heck, trying to find a job/my first year back will be full of ups and downs and I'm sure I'll want to share.  So as of right now, my plan is to continue to write, but you may notice some changes to the layout (title, background, etc) to better match my ever evolving situation.  Don't freak out, I'm not going anywhere...lucky you ;)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you choose to save the blog. It's been fun reading along with your adventures. Did you get the link I sent you about turning your blog into a book?

    ReplyDelete