Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Check, Check, Check...

Those checks are the sounds of me ticking things off of my list.  I've been making all sorts of appointments and taking care of everything that needs taking care of before I leave.  I went into the bank yesterday to sort out money transfers and conversions and set up my hair appointment.  Today I picked up my white coat from the dry cleaning place in town before coming home to bake some very yummy smelling pumpkin bread.  The apartment has a very holiday-ish feel to it right now, due to the combination of smells wafting around and the sounds of Christmas music playing from my computer.

Speaking of Christmas, the entire city is getting ready for the holidays.  So many buildings and street posts are decorated for the holiday, so it's really fun to walk around and see everything.  The weather lately has also made it really seem like December; today is the first day of summer, but the high was 65 and it was windy and cold for most of the day.  Forecasts predict similar weather through the weekend so I guess I can't exactly pack up all my warm clothes just yet.  The nice thing about the colder weather is the excuse to go out and get a warm peppermint mocha ("Christmas in a cup").  I sat in Starbucks for an hour yesterday afternoon, doing nothing and not feeling guilty about it...something I haven't felt in a very, very long time.  I had no obligations or reasons to go back to my room:  no school, no gym, no appointments.  I have to say, after pushing hard for so many years, even that one little stress-free hour was amazing.

Tomorrow my roommate Sun moves out...sad day.  I really lucked out with my flatmates; we got along well as a group and I have to say that I'm glad I'll only be here for a couple of weeks after he leaves.  I'm sure the new tenants will be just fine, but things won't be the same.  *Sigh*

Time to hit the gym before I come back and cook up some dinner.  I'm so happy December is finally here...two weeks until my parents land in Melbourne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment