Monday, November 28, 2011

Share A Coke

Right now, the Aussies are running the "Share a Coke" campaign.  I can't really say that I know why they are doing it, but it sure is fun.  The bottles with names on them can only be found in one of the three big supermarket chains they have over here and there are a "limited" number of names that have been released.  Supposedly 50 new names will be added in at the beginning of next year, but unfortunately I won't be here at that point.  It's funny to see what some of the most popular names are...I've seen a lot of Fiona's, Rhys's, and Raechel's...yes, all with the weird spellings.  I was lucky enough to stumble upon my own name today; it was the only one on the shelf and I'm glad I rummaged through all the bottles because it was near the back.  I had almost given up, but then there it was and my efforts were rewarded.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it now that I have it, but it sure is fun to see my name on the bottle.  I posted this picture on Facebook and have already received comments from my friends at Stanford regarding the use of "Stephanie" as my name instead of "Carter."  I looked for Carter at the store, but didn't find it and I'm not going to hold my breath, though you never know!!  I'm definitely ready to be Carter again; these days I only hear it when I get the chance to talk to Alex or the '10s on Skype.

I finally finished off the pumpkin pie last night, so that just leaves a serving of mashed potatoes and some cranberry sauce left over from the Thanksgiving feast.  I need to go shopping again to stock up on sustenance...though I must say that I feel very tempted to make another feast for this week because I was so happy eating leftovers for the past few nights.

I've also been running errands and tying up loose ends now that I'm out of school.  I've made a reservation at a nice restaurant, Fenix, run by one of the chefs from MasterChef Australia (which I've been hooked to) for graduation dinner, packed up a bag, picked up my graduation hood, arranged my last phone bill, and talked to Allan about my prospective coaching job (okay, so I only left him a message, but we're getting closer).  I still need to take care of my bank account, make a booking to get a haircut, and maybe even pick up a Christmas present or two for some of my favorite people :)

Lastly, I received a random package in the mail the other day from someone in Illinois.  I have yet to track down the mysterious sender, but inside was a pair of gold sunglasses.  As of right now, these sunnies are just sitting on my desk, and I'm contemplating on what I should do with them.  If anyone has any leads or information about the package, please don't hesitate to let me know, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment