Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ahhh, Vacation

It is now Wednesday in week two of my vacation.  Unfortunately, time is slipping away, and before I know it, I'll be back in class.  Good news is that I met up with my partner yesterday and we made some headway on our Biomaterials term paper.  It is due a week after we return to school, and I think we are in a comfortable position.

I haven't really done much worth talking about.  I've spent a lot of time reading, relaxing, and on the computer, which I guess is just fine for vacation.  It's actually just what I need to get my brain ready for one final push.  One more month of instruction...SO CRAZY!

Last Sunday was probably my most "exciting" day of the past week.  I got up and the weather was great, so that was a nice way to start the day.  I cleaned up my room a bit before my roommate and I headed out to Victoria Market.  We stocked up on some really good, fresh food.  For me, this included chicken, fruits/veggies, freshly baked sourdough bread, and some delicious spreads (bruschetta, pesto, and some of the best hommus).  With all of these ingredients, I went on to make pesto chicken and put some sourdough bread in the oven with bruschetta and cheese.  YUM.  On the way back from the market, I decided (with some convincing) to go to the beach and take advantage of the sun (which is still fleeting...as I look out my window right now, a storm is brewing).  I got on the tram and made it out to St. Kilda.  It was nice to stroll in the sand and listen to the waves.  When I got home, my roommates and I ordered pizza and sat down to watch The Blindside.  It was an awesome movie and a nice way to cap off the day.

Tonight we are headed out on another attempt to get Mexican food.  One of my roommates is leaving for New Zealand tomorrow for the rest of the holiday, so we're all going out together before then.  I'm hoping we'll finally be successful, though we have a recommended Greek restaurant as a back up if things don't pan out.

Lastly, I went to the library and this time I picked up The Help.  I've heard so many good things about the movie, and I can see why because the book is great so far.  I'm hoping to be done in the next couple of days, and then maybe I'll hit the theaters on my last say of break and see how well the movie portrays the novel.

Time to head off for a run.  I want to be able to enjoy all the Mexican food I can stand, because this might be the only time I get some in my entire time here.  Tacos, burritos, enchiladas...please let this all work out, my craving is through the roof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment