Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sakura Lounge

Well, it's Thursday, meaning the fourth day of my mid-semester break.  So far, I haven't done anything too exciting, though I've done a particularly nice job of avoiding campus.  Every morning I have the goal of getting there for a couple of hours to work on some computer-simulated electrical models, but I tend to find other things to do instead.  I've managed to get a lot of work done actually, but mostly in the reading/taking notes department.  I have one more big chunk of reading to do, and then I'll have no choice but to get to campus to do those models.

Besides working, I've been getting to the gym and reading a lot.  I've also been watching movies in the evenings, which is nice and relaxing.  Yesterday I ran all over, going first to the grocery store and then to the library to swap the three books I just read for two new ones.  Later in the afternoon, I indulged myself with my first ever spa day; needless to say, it was awesome.  It all started because I had woken up the day before and couldn't turn my head at all to the left.  It was very uncomfortable and eventually I decided to get it worked on.  After looking around, I found that the spa packages were a much better deal than the massages alone, so I went for it.  I mean, I'm on vacation, so why not?  I ended up at Sakura Lounge, which is tucked away in one of Melbourne's little alleys.  It's a really nice place and I would definitely like to make it back there at some point.  I slept like a baby last night because I was so relaxed.

The only other thing on my agenda for my vacation is to get some new shoes and to hopefully make it to the beach one day.  Apparently, someone forgot to inform the weather gods that it is now supposed to get warmer and less windy/rainy, and so we haven't really had beach weather just yet.  There's still time for that to change, and all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

Also, another addition to my "to-do list" for when I get home:
14.  Listen to the radio:  As much as I enjoy my iPod and the iPod Alex gave me, I really just want the chance to listen to the radio.  I miss channel surfing, etc., even though I know it really annoys some people when I do it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment