Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 3 of 12

It's been awhile, but school has taken over and there just hasn't been enough time to sit down to share my experiences.  Since last week, I've been busy trying to write essays and solve electrical circuits.  The essay is on tissue engineering of the ACL, which is completely intriguing and I would spend all my time on it if I could.  Unfortunately, that's not the case; I also have lectures to attend and review (the review takes so much longer...a two-hour lecture requires about four or five hours of review), labs to get through (fake it till you make it), and readings to complete.  Not to mention the other papers that I've been assigned that are due in the weeks to come.  On the plus side, besides the electrical circuits I'm enjoying my studies and I'm almost through week three, which means a quarter of the way done with the semester already!

In other news, I received a birthday card from my grandparents and another package from my parents.  It's always so exciting to get these things!!  I can't tell you how much I love seeing something with my name on it that's not a bill.  So thank you so much for making my day  :)  My parents sent along some new sheets for my bed (since I moved I got a bigger bed and had to make something up as I went along, but now I'm fully equipped...awesome!), a sweater, and a dress.  I have yet to try everything on but I will in the morning and will report sometime after that.

I've also decided to start keeping a list of things that I'm excited to get when I get home (you'll see that there is a theme to the list...food).  For some reason many things have been popping into my head lately and I feel that it's time to start writing them down, otherwise I'm likely to forget.  In no particular order:

1.  La Placita - Mexican restaurant...they are seriously lacking in that cuisine over here.  All I want is a good burrito!  I'll even settle for Chipotle (for the record, I love Chipotle, but it doesn't hold a candle to the hole-in-the-wall La Placita).
2.  Verde Tea Cafe - BOBA
3.  Bananas - With the floods to Queensland came a wipeout of the country's banana stock, so needless to say there aren't many bananas in the store and what they have is really, really expensive.
4.  Fro-yo
5.  Mom's Lasagne

There will be more as the days go on.  I think that's a pretty good start for right now.  Tonight I'll dream about my burrito and know that soon enough my dreams will become a reality.  I'm so excited because I received email confirmation that my parents have booked their flights to come out here at the end of the year.  The countdown to December 15th starts now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment