Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August Birthday?!

Who doesn't love having a birthday?  I mean, what's better than having a day to celebrate you and your presence here on Earth?  I would say nothing, but I have discovered that there is just one thing...and that's extending your birthday for as long as possible.

Today I went to the post office to pick up a birthday package from my parents.  Because I was traveling when my actual birthday came around at the end of June, I wasn't able to receive it then.  But you know what, it's really fun to have something to open a month later.  And boy did I make out well this year  :)

shoes, shorts, top, socks, laces, headbands, and a scarf  :D

Somehow my parents always know what I want/need, even when I don't.  There was a definite theme to the gift this year, and I couldn't be happier.  New running apparel...which I'm really looking forward to testing out (I tried everything on, but tomorrow I'll hit the gym).  I've been looking for new running shoes because the awesome ones I have now have just been run into the ground and need to be retired.  These new ones are perfect, and I have to say that I also love the color scheme  :D



With all of these new clothes, I could run a marathon.  Thanks mom and dad for sending the package all this way.  It's always fun to get mail, and this was a real treat.  I love you so much and again, all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!!  You guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment