Sunday, July 31, 2011

North Melbourne Library

I am officially a member of the Melbourne Library Service.  I had stumbled upon the little North Melbourne Library the other day when wandering over to the post office and thought I would do some research to see what it would take for me to be able to borrow books from there.  Turns out it's free for all residents of Melbourne and the surrounding areas.  Luckily I just received an electricity bill so I took that in as proof of address and got my library card less than five minutes later.


I used my card to check out three books.  Right now I'm pretending like I'll have time to read them in between all of my other readings for school.  I really enjoyed all the reading I did this past month while traveling and I'm hoping to keep it up.  I don't know if it's a feasible goal, but we'll see.

The library itself is really small and quaint.  There is a reading room on the second (well, here it's the first floor because the American first floor is called the ground floor) floor that I can see myself taking advantage of.  I probably won't go over there except on the weekends if/when I want to get out of my room.  I'm lucky because I actually do well studying in my room, but sometimes a change of scenery is nice and this little library has a more laid-back feel to it than the ones on campus.   I can also borrow movies, which could be fun.  Woohoo for being a real Victoria resident!

No comments:

Post a Comment