Saturday, July 30, 2011

Harry Potter

I don't think I need to state the obvious, but I have grown up with Harry Potter and the series is in some ways the essence of my childhood.  I am nowhere near the only one who is sad that it has come to an end (I just got back from viewing the last movie) but the movie definitely did the series justice and I walked away satisfied.  When it first started, there was a moment where I thought about walking out because I didn't want to face the truth or come to terms with the fact that the Harry Potter fantasy would only be with me for two more hours.  However, I instantly became glued to my seat and many times I even found myself staring at the screen with my mouth open or curled up, knees to chest in my little movie theater chair.  I was living and breathing the journey with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.  And at the end, as I watched Harry send his own son off to Hogwarts, I almost cried.  I didn't want to leave the theater, but eventually it came time to stand up and walk out. 

Thank you, J.K. Rowling for allowing us to travel to Hogwarts and meet Harry and all of his companions.  It's been an amazing 10 years and I know that the series will continue to inspire new readers.  I think I'll probably pick up the books again in the future and give them another go, because they are just too good.  I'll miss the anticipation of getting the newest installment, but eventually something else will come along to help fill the void.  For now, I'll just be content with the last film and the fact that the series is finally complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment