Sunday, August 14, 2011

Roommate Dinner at DOC

The end of the third week is finally here, and the beginning of the fourth is quickly approaching.  To round out the week my Biomaterials professor decided to give us a "fun" lecture rather than talk to us about metals.  He presented his research and there are some amazing things going on in the field.  It's really fun (in a nerdy kind of way, I'll admit) to get so excited about these things.  I was entranced the entire lecture and just wanted to hear more.  After class I went to the grocery store and then just found myself at home, embracing the weekend.

Yesterday was spent working after lazing around all morning and getting in a run.  I actually woke up at one point early on, got breakfast, and then found myself back in bed.  Three hours later I woke up again, still not ready to embrace the day.  Unfortunately I really had to use the restroom so I was forced to get up and moving.  Once I did I became very productive, writing the bulk of my paper for tissue engineering.  My plans for the evening were cancelled which was kind of disappointing, but in the end it was probably better because it allowed me some time to get that extra bit of work done.  This morning I got an earlier start and finished the rough draft of the paper (due Friday).  I was so happy, proud, and relieved that I really didn't do much else in the work department for the rest of the day.  Instead I went out to get some buttons sewn on to one of my coats, got my hair cut, and talked to my family.  Finally it was time for dinner and my roommates and I went out together.  It was really nice to have all of us there and we ended up at DOC Pizza bar.  I'd never been before but it was AMAZING.



We each ordered our own pizza and then mix-and-matched once they were placed on the table.  Mine had lemon and Gorgonzola cheese, another had pumpkin, leek, and caramelized onions, and a third had chili and tiger prawns.  It was quite a spread but it didn't stop there.  We splurged and had dessert...one Nutella filled pizza and one strawberry shortcake type dessert pizza.   I definitely feel like I have a food baby in my stomach right now, but it was all worth it.  Great way to end the weekend and I think we are going to try and go out as a group every couple of weeks or so.

roommates

No comments:

Post a Comment