Saturday, May 28, 2011

House Hunting

It's no secret that I have been unhappy with my current landlord, and recently I have been contemplating moving out.  I have been undergoing a house search, coming up mostly empty-handed until yesterday.  I finally heard back from one of the people I called and I was able to set up an appointment to meet her and check out the apartment she had advertised.  It's not too far away (1.5km) from where I am now, but the neighborhood feels completely different.  It also seemed as if it was meant to be because as I walked up, I found that the apartment sat right next to the Engineers Australia building.  I walked up the stairs to the top floor and was greeted by Liz, the girl I had previously spoken to.  The apartment was open and bright and the room that I would be taking over had a nice double-sized bed (an upgrade from the twin that I've been sleeping on), desk/desk chair, and closet.  I would have this room to myself, but would be sharing the bathroom with one of my roommates.  Two other girls live on the second floor of the unit, and each have their own rooms and another bathroom up there.  The kitchen is nice, with an actual stove and full size fridge, so I wouldn't have to continue to cook everything in the microwave.  And also, one of the best parts is that I would be saving almost $400 per month!!  And that includes having internet in my room, finally!  I am pretty sure that I'm going to end up taking the room, but I told Liz that I'd sleep on it until Monday and then give her a call.  The only concern I have is about getting out of my current lease.  With all that's been going on with the management of my current place, I'm sure that in some way it will become messy.  But with all the grief they've caused me, in the end, it will still probably be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we're sailing tomorrow, so I probably won't know the end result of your landlord battle 'til it's long over. Good luck. Love you, Grandma Connie

    ReplyDelete