Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring/Autumn/Easter/Whatever Break is Finally Here

After eight weeks of school, my first break is finally here.  I keep calling it Spring Break, but it's not spring over here.  However, it doesn't feel like autumn either, and it's April, so I have a hard time with that.  I don't celebrate Easter (though I did get an AWESOME egg yesterday from one of my friends), so that puts me in a bind and I'm not sure how to put a name to the next 10 days.

Today is Good Friday, so we don't have class, but because I'm getting ready (supposedly) to head off to Thailand, I'm trying to get some work done.  However, for one reason or another, things just aren't really working in my favor, so maybe that's a sign that I really do need to just stop working and start enjoying the down time.

After this break is over, I'll have four more weeks of instruction, a week of study time (with no class or new information, unlike Stanford's "Dead Week"), and then what may be the longest final exam period I have ever experienced.  Everyone here was appalled when I told them that I'm used to having all of my exams within 5 days.  I won't know my exam schedule until May 6, and I have yet to decide if I would prefer them to be spread out or if I would rather just get them all over with.  Being that I don't really have any say in the matter, I'll just have to go with what I'm given.  Hopefully it will work out, but in any case my "go with the flow" motto will be tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment