Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Teaser

This past weekend was the only one this month in which I was home and it happened to coincide with some of the most gorgeous weather of the year so far.  Megan and I took advantage and walked The Dish, I played some tennis with Alex, and of course what would the weekend be without a little gymnastics on the side?  Both SWG and SMG held competitions in Maples Pavilion and both were broadcast on the Pac-12 Network which is a pretty big deal.  Friday night was alumni night for SWG so all that were in town were introduced before the event began and were invited to a reception put on by the team afterwards.  It was my first time in Maples since coming back from Australia and being back there reminded me most of my own Senior Night in 2010.  It's hard to believe that my freshmen are now seniors and will be going through the same process in a few weeks.  The team had a season-best performance to beat out Arizona State and SMG came in and followed suit two days later, defeating Cal by ten points in a most spectacular fashion (except pommels, haha).

We had some rain and cloudy weather yesterday but it's back to the sunshine and happiness today.  It definitely lifts my mood when the it's bright and cheery outside.

I have a local competition this weekend, with sessions on Friday and Sunday evening.  It's going to be one of the most competitive meets of the year but the girls are looking great in the gym so I'm excited to see how they're going to perform.  Allan won't be there because he's traveling with SWG to Utah so it'll just be Ericka and I.  After this week comes Malibu, San Antonio (Shelley's wedding!), and then local jaunts for a few weeks before regionals in Phoenix.  It's going to be a whirlwind and season will be done and over before I know it so I'm just trying to enjoy the days and weeks as they come.  With this fabulous weather and good spirits, it's hard not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment