Sunday, February 24, 2013

Celebrations Galore

Today is Cat's 22nd birthday!  After the men's meet last night some of us met up at Skoly's house for a little pre-celebration before the young-ins took Cat out downtown.  Skoly made her a cake and people definitely enjoyed the food and music; it was very relaxed and gave Abhi, CJ, and I some time to look around and reminisce about the best times we had with each other at school.  I think it started because some of the gym guys were there and everyone kept saying that they wanted to go back and re-live those happy moments.  It was fun for us but we pooped out and so when everyone else left for Palo Alto we went home to our nice, warm beds :)

Earlier this month was Weedge's 25th birthday...the first one of our class.  This year we decided our group gift was going to be a photo book so I put that together on my computer and she opened it while we were all (well, minus Blair) at Thaiphoon for dinner.  Blair sent her love when we got her on the phone as well as some flowers which I heard were beautiful.  Luckily for us we'll all be together next weekend for Shelley's wedding.  We were talking last night about how we can't believe she's going to be Mrs. Shelley Jo Whalen; at least her "Shelley Jo" nickname will stick.  I think we've (T, CJ, and I...we're all flying in together) have everything together except for the rental car.  It's really unfortunate that we're going to have to pay an extra fee because we're not quite old enough yet.  If the wedding was just two weeks later T would be in the clear but that's not how it worked out.

The nice weather has continued and today I took advantage of it by walking around downtown Menlo Park.  I strolled through the farmers market, stopped and read the paper while eating brunch (which was awesome by the way...don't get to do that too often), and did a little grocery shopping.  The door to our apartment is wide open right now and the enticing aromas of my cooking are wafting through so even though I'm still full from brunch my stomach is grumbling.  I have a couple of hours before I have to leave for my second session in the Spirit of the Flame Challenge.  My level 8 team, consisting of only three girls, competed Friday night and came away with a win!  In addition one of the girls also won all-around, floor, and bars so it was a successful evening.  The level 7's practiced with me yesterday and looked great so it should be a close competition tonight...I'm suspecting Airborne will be bringing their A-game and with Maya (Kristen's daughter) on their team and her parents in the stands it's going to be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment