Sunday, February 3, 2013

Roseville Invitational

What a weekend!  I can't believe it's already Sunday night and another week will be upon us in a matter of hours.

I started my weekend by going up to San Francisco with Alex for a tennis tournament (which he won) and then finishing my journey up to Sacramento.  The drive from SF was actually really easy because of the pit stop and I made it in about 90 minutes...perfect!  My brother was also home when I got there and he brought Amanda with him (apparently they're back together?) and they were watching Star Trek.  It was getting late so I didn't take part and went to bed instead, a good choice given the fact that I woke up around 5:30am Saturday and couldn't go back to sleep.  Instead I got up, started a load of laundry, and got ready for the first session of the Roseville Invitational.  I arrived around 7:30am and my level 8's were already there.  I found out we were starting on vault which scared me out of my mind but we ended up soaring through that and the rest of the meet.  At the end of the day both girls easily qualified to State and Avery won both vault and all-around (my first vault champion!)!!

Saturday afternoon and evening was spent with my family and after a late dinner and movie I went to bed to wake up this morning and do it all over again.  Four of our five level 7's showed up and brought their game faces; the last one was plagued by the flu but still came to support her teammates.  We started on floor and right away knew that we would be in the running for the team title.  Vault improved greatly from our outing two weeks ago and after a crazy bar warm-up the girls gathered up and put together some great sets.  It all came down to beam and in the end we threw in the girl that was out sick because we needed her for the team and she rocked it!  We were so happy and knew that we had done everything possible to win...it was just time to wait.  We ended up with two all-around champions and individual event titles on bars, beam, and floor.  It all culminated with a team win by 1.5 points and a score that was 0.6 higher than our best score last season, woohoo!!!  :)

I came back to Menlo Park soon after the meet was over to a Super Bowl party being held in the upstairs apartment.  They set up a projector, played the game on the big wall in their living room, and had lots of food to go around.  It was an exciting game from halftime on and I actually thought the 49ers might pull it off but unfortunately they came up just short.

It's going to be another crazy week this week as we prepare for a competition in Las Vegas.  We leave on Friday and it's going to be especially exciting because we're going to the Winter Cup competition as well where I'll get to cheer on the Stanford delegation that will be there.  Five days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment