Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Old Dogs Learn New Tricks

Today I had a breakthrough in my Stanford gymnastics class...I taught two people front flips!!  It was awesome to see because these kids have never done gymnastics before at all and then in 30 minutes they flipped off a block into the pit (looking a bit crazy at first), moved to the tumble trak, and then to the floor!  I actually couldn't tell that they had never done it before because they really looked like pros and the expressions on the faces were just priceless.  They're really excited to tell their friends they can do a flip and I can tell that everyone else in the class is anxious to get to where they are.

It's been a tough week at Twisters so this was a great way to lighten my mood and remind me why I love teaching people about the sport.  Hopefully there will be many more exciting times in the next six weeks before the quarter is over; you can never have too many happy moments in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment