Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas..."

How awesome are my friends?  I mean really, whatever I did in my life to deserve them, I'm so thankful I did it.  Last night I was at work when I received a call from Cale.  Because I couldn't answer the phone, I quickly got a text message saying, "Come to Alex's right when you get off :) Christmas time!"  If that doesn't get you excited, I don't know what would.

I had already planned to stop by to play Santa and drop off my Christmas presents, but I was the one who got the surprise instead.  As I walked in the door, there were orders to drop my things and go into the bathroom.  I wasn't allowed to come out until "the problem" was fixed.  I was a little nervous as to what I was going to walk into but I opened the door and my breath escaped me; I found a beautiful dress hanging from the shower door with a pair of heels underneath it.  I was told I had to try it on and put on a fashion show...when I came out there were a bunch of "ooohh's" and "ahhh's" and I felt so pretty!!  I twirled around in the dress for the rest of the evening, which included me handing out my gifts (successfully I might add), catching up with a friend I haven't seen in almost two years, and just spending time together before everyone goes back to see their families this afternoon.

When I got back to my house I got to share the story of my evening with Megan and she had me try on the dress again...fashion show #2...but I was in such a good mood that I didn't mind.  It was an amazing start to the Christmas season and I'm all pumped and ready to get these holidays started!

No comments:

Post a Comment