Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Spirit

The past few days have been great, and full of holiday spirit.  Thursday night Allan and Ericka took the entire staff out to dinner, where we enjoyed good food and some laughs while opening white elephant gifts.  It was fun to be out with such a cool group of people and our bosses really spoil us with all they do.  It all made me feel really grateful to be a part of the family.

The fun continued last night when the team had a holiday potluck after practice.  The team parents all volunteered to bring something and we ended up with a lot of food.  Throughout the week we had done Secret Santa and so we got to present our final gifts and guess who had me...Allan!  I was really impressed with his baking and craft-making skills and I had narrowed it down to him and Ericka for my final guess.  It makes me really happy that he had me and seems sort of appropriate as we go way back :)  Anyways, after the presents were exchanged the kids got to run wild and it was fun to see the smiles on their faces as they just played around.  We organized a game of Chicken on the Roost and my partner and I came close to winning but were unfortunately booted out near the final round.  I burned a lot of energy and felt a little less guilty about the cake I ate about 15 minutes beforehand, but I came home to my roommates decorating Christmas cookies and proceeded to eat three of them while I attempted give them their make-overs.

My dresser is now covered with Christmas cards I received from some of the families at the gym as well as a couple from family friends.  Those, along with the lights around my window, make the room feel so cozy that I could stay in bed from now until winter is over...my own personal form of hibernation.

No comments:

Post a Comment