Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas: 2012 Edition

Somehow Christmas always seems to come and go so quickly.  Hyped up throughout the final months of the year and then over before you know it.  However it's always a great time to be spent with family and friends.  This year my family and I were in the country once again and we settled back in to the routine we're used to.  Last night we went to The Crest in downtown Sac to see White Christmas before coming home to open a few presents and bake for Santa.  Every year we get an ornament for the tree and new pajamas to sleep in on Christmas Eve and this year it was funny because my mom and I pretty much got each other the same pajama pants.  Great minds think alike I guess and we were both excited to get comfy and have a good night's sleep.
This morning my brother came into my room to wake me up.  We came out and I started preparing brunch while we waited for my parents to get up and for my grandparents to arrive.  We ate first (after opening stockings) and then came back for presents.  My brother played Santa and was good at keeping the gifts evenly distributed.  He came away with a lot of camping gear and some clothes, my dad won out with a new camera (my mom and I splurged on him and got him the nice one like mine) and a few movies, and my mom received a new pan and a really nice coat from her sister.  I got both my parents and my brother photo books so it was fun to look through them together.




After presents we piled in the car and went up to Folsom to see Les Misérables at the theater.  I didn't really know much about it but it was pretty amazing.  It got to be a little long but all the singing was great and it was easy to follow along with the story line.  I would recommend it to anyone who's thinking of seeing it.  It was a wet day outside so we came home and made a fire while dinner was heating up in the oven.  We just finished eating and are going to continue our movie marathon with A Christmas Story and Elf before we wrap up and head to bed.  I got a nice robe to go with my pajamas and I'm excited to get that on and get comfortable.  Tomorrow my mom heads back to work but it will be nice for me to take the next day or two to unwind before heading back into the gym, etc.  Once we get back the optional season will be right around the corner, the next big thing to look forward to...the fun never ends in Carter-town!

No comments:

Post a Comment