Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Perfection

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a little bit of an obsession with Fall.  I love the cooler weather, the implication that holidays are coming up, and the coziness that a pumpkin-scented candle can provide (speaking of which, mine is lit right now and the room smells fabulous).  This week I decided to whip up some pumpkin-y Halloween cupcakes and they turned out really well...I mean anything mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg has to be good, right?  Right.  These little treats not only look really cute, but they are moist and oh-so-yummy.  I had leftover pumpkin purée and I didn't know what I was going to do with it until this morning when I stumbled upon a recipe for pumpkin pancakes; I made them for breakfast and it was a great way to start my day!  I still have some left and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can wake up and enjoy them.  There is also a little bit of purée still in the can so I'm going to have to see what other recipe I can try.  It's a fun way to fill some of the extra hours I have on a Sunday afternoon.

This week the team is getting ready for our home meet, which will be on Saturday.  Unfortunately my sessions coincide with the Big Game so I will have to keep track of the score online.  I'm ready for another year of bragging rights and can't wait until we have The Axe safely in our hands.  It's an awesome tradition and I'm excited to smack talk against my co-workers and my dad...let the friendly rivalry continue :)  And as always, GO CARD (and even more importantly BEAT KAL)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment