Monday, October 22, 2012

Pastorino's Patch

Yesterday was a great, relaxing day that started with an early morning run from my house to The Dish, followed by hiking The Dish and heading over to the farmer's market on California Avenue.  I was in the company of Cat, Skoly, and Leni so together we had a good time.  Cat and I came back to my place afterwards and took showers before heading out to lunch; we decided to try going to Redwood City to find someplace new and we ended up at a little restaurant downtown.  It was really good and nice to have some comfort food in our tummies on a blustery autumn day.

A couple of us had talked about going to a pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin in time for Halloween and yesterday afternoon we made it happen.  CJ, Cat, and I got in the car and made our way (though it wasn't easy...lots of traffic) to Half Moon Bay.  Cat fell asleep in the back but CJ and I enjoyed the drive and found premier parking right in front of our destination.  We walked around the place for a little while before settling on a couple of pumpkins.  It was fun to see all the little kids there with their parents, enthralled with all the happenings.

We got home last night in time for dinner and a movie; CJ chose The Blair Witch Project and while she seemed to get something out of it, Megan and I weren't as fortunate.  Neither of us really enjoyed it and actually found it somewhat laughable, but spending time together and attempting to get in the spirit of the season was fun anyways.

Waking up to the rain this morning was nice but it makes it difficult to get motivated enough to go running.  I'm not looking forward to getting soaked in anything other than sweat, but I think we are at that point in the year and I'm going to have to learn how to bundle up and take it.  Whether that learning process begins today or not is yet to be determined, but step one is thinking about it so at least I'm on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment