Saturday, October 27, 2012

Around The World In 80 Drinks

Last night our apartment hosted a party that really came together and was a good time.  Megan and I spent HOURS coloring the day before and into the day of; we decided to make flags for all the countries people were representing and it turned into a very grandiose project but the apartment is now all decked out and looks awesome.  I unfortunately had work until 9pm so couldn't make it when people first started arriving but it was nice to come home to a full house and everyone enjoying themselves over a ton of different foods and drinks.  India, Australia, Germany, Japan, Vietnam, Italy, Kenya, Chile...all these and more were represented in some fashion which was fantastic!  It was also cool to see people get into it with their costumes and such.  It's always fun to see people and have them all gathered in the same room; we got in a little dancing and games to spice things up a bit and I think everyone liked the conversation and laid back feel it.  We're excited to move on to thinking about the next get-together and might try to start the decoration preparation a little farther in advance :)

Tonight I went to the Packard's house (where Alex lives) to help out with Warren's 45th birthday party.  It was a big to-do with party planners, a tent in the backyard, a food truck, and even live music!  Cale and I were in charge of getting things ready at the beginning and involving people in the music trivia quiz that had been put together.  It was fun to be there with Cale but unfortunately Alex was on babysitting duty after the original sitter canceled last minute so we didn't get the chance to see much of him throughout the night.  Cale and I left around 9:30 and things were still going strong so who knows how late the neighborhood will be up.

Tomorrow morning Cat and Shenel (co-workers) are meeting me here at 5:30am so we can make our way to Petaluma for a competition.  I'm excited to carpool because I really wasn't looking forward to driving the whole way on my own.  Hopefully the early morning won't be too bad...it will be my fourth in a row after two days of going to the gym bright and early and this morning where Cat and I got up to run campus loop before practice.  It's our last regular season meet with the 4's and 5's so hopefully those that are close to State can qualify and those that aren't can just put their best foot forward.  Three more weeks and my first compulsory season will be complete and then it's onwards and upwards to the optionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment