Saturday, September 15, 2012

Salinas

Today Alex and I trekked south to Salinas for one of his tennis tournaments.  He was slated to play at 10am so we left pretty early given that it was supposed to take about an hour and a half to get there.  Unfortunately Cale had practice this morning so he wasn't able to join us, but we made a good time of it jamming out to music and enjoying our morning Starbucks.  The drive was actually pretty easy and we arrived early only to find out that the tournament was running about 30 minutes behind schedule (go figure).  It was fine because it gave Alex time to re-grip his racket and we were able to scout out some of the competition.  Finally his name was called and he made his way over to lucky court #6 where despite some early double faults he came away with a 6-3, 6-2 win!!  Yay!!  It was fun to cheer for him and to see him do well.  Because of his success he will play again tomorrow at 8am against the #1 seed, hopefully besting him and finding himself in the finals.

After the match he went to the car to change while I ran to the restroom.  Upon my arrival to the car I found Alex standing there with his mouth and eyes wide open with terror and I freaked out.  It ended up that he accidentally locked the keys in the trunk of Cale's car but lucky for us I have AAA so we weren't stranded for too long.  They came out and popped the passenger door open and we were able to retrieve the keys.  We finally began our trip home, once again enjoying singing, talking, and the sunshine.

We decided to pick up lunch at Village Cheese House in Town and Country which a very popular sandwich place (especially on game day...our football team is currently down 14-7 against USC).  While there I got the bad news that I didn't get the job I interviewed for, so that was rather disappointing :/  I went back with Alex to his house, Cale came over, and we watched Law & Order: SVU.  Afterwards Alex tried to make my life a little better by playing tennis with me out in the backyard which was really fun even though I got bageled (he won 6-0).

I'm home now and getting ready for another trip south tomorrow to join SWG in Costanoa for the day.  They are currently there on their retreat and Kristen asked me to help out if I could.  Alex and Cale will go to day two of the tennis tournament and I'm sad I'm missing it, but Cale's good about updating me so I'll be attached to my phone in the morning.  Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment