Sunday, September 16, 2012

Costanoa

I woke up really early this morning to trek to Wendell Beach for the SWG 2013 team retreat.  The day didn't start off too well because my GPS originally dropped me about 45 miles away from where I actually wanted to be.  I had to take a series of very slow, windy roads to finally get back on track and so I was late arriving to the beach.  Once there the team was already running through the obstacle course the staff had set up for them.  I grabbed an iPhone and started filming but the memory quickly filled and we ended up having to use more than one; the video camera Swiz brought along died very early on which was rather unfortunate.  After the course was complete there was another team activity and then the girls were allowed to stay on the beach while the staff went back to the campsite for some food and conversation.  I got to know new additions Jen (athletic trainer), Claire (nutritionist), and Brian (athletic director in charge of gymnastics) while enjoying the breakfast buffet.

Once the girls got back they made their own lunch and then had time to relax before team meetings.  Tabby and I talked for quite some time while the other staff took naps and then we sat through talks from Jen and Claire.  I decided after that it was time for me to come home but the team is still there going through other bonding activities.  I went to the store and then took a nap, now ready to have dinner and get ready for bed.  Tomorrow I'll go to the gym when the team gets back and gather all the video footage so I can create something for them.  Hopefully it won't take too long but there are so many video clips to import that it could turn into a very big project.

Edited to add:  Here's the finished video...up on YouTube!  Costanoa 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment