Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend At Home

What a great weekend it's been, but let me tell you...my Bay Area blood is no longer used to the heat of the valley!!  I was pretty much boiling as I waited for my dad outside of the train station, but luckily his car has great air-conditioning so I was able to cool off quickly.  As we pulled out of the station we talked about baseball and decided to turn around and head to the Raley Field to catch the Rivercats against Tuscon.  We found a great parking spot and then were in line for tickets when someone came up and gave us two free ones!  He said that the starting pitcher was staying with him so he had comp tickets anyways and wasn't using them all; we lucked out!  The seats were right along the third baseline, right where we'd usually sit anyways (in the shade!).

The first thing we did was split a cold icee and since we were there early we were able to watch the teams warm-up.  The game started off well for us and we took an early lead but over the course of a couple of innings it turned around and we found ourselves in a hole.  My dad and I both enjoyed some ballpark food for dinner (tri-tip sandwiches and brisket, yum!) and unfortunately watched the team crumble.  It was still fun it was a beautiful night to be outside.  We came home and watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with my mom and then went to bed.

I slept in this morning and them my mom and I went out together to run some errands.  After successfully completing everything we wanted to we came home and went up to Cameron Park for a sushi dinner, topped it off with froyo and then came home where we're currently watching the fourth installment of Harry Potter.  Tomorrow morning I'll be on the train nice and early, will pick up my car from Berkeley and then head to work.  Another week...only two more until the Twisters intrasquad!

No comments:

Post a Comment