Thursday, June 21, 2012

One Week Countdown

This quote, which I was introduced to today, just about sums up everything I feel about my sport (yes, I still call it my sport even though I've been done for quite some time...you don't do something for 20 years and then just forget about it overnight):  "I do gymnastics because I can. Because when I do, there’s always the chance to be extraordinary. A chance to start unknown and to finish unforgettable. A chance to overcome all obstacles, to fight through pain and suffering to test your emotional limits and boundaries, to experiment with the potential of the human body and discover just how far you can push yourself."

Now comes the chance to be extraordinary, to be the one to overcome all the obstacles.  Now is the time to see how big you can dream and how far you can go.  Only 15 men and 15 women remain in the quest for olympic glory and one week from now the trials begin.  I'm so excited and can't believe I'm along for the ride of a lifetime.  T-minus 7 days...here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment