Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

It was another big weekend with both Father's Day and Stanford graduation occurring yesterday.  Saturday after work I was convinced to head up to Sacramento and even though there was some heavy traffic I'm glad I did.  It was 104 degrees when I arrived at 7pm and I stopped at the grocery store on the way to my house to pick up some last minute things for dinner.  We ended up with salad and BBQ'd corn-on-the-cob and chicken.  It was a very yummy meal and it was nice to sit down at the table with my parents.  After it cooled down to a bearable temperature we left the house and walked to fro-yo.  It's great having the little shopping center within walking distance because who doesn't want something cool when it's 90+ degrees outside?

On Sunday morning we all got up early to work out; mom on the bike, dad on the treadmill, and me running around the neighborhood.  I really love running in the mornings because it's so fresh outside...mmm, the sights and smells of a brand new day  :)  We got out of the house and went to breakfast before my mom went in to work and my dad and I went home to clean and organize (there is still a bunch of stuff leftover from my grandma's apartment).  I was really pushing to get to a baseball game but my dad thought it was too hot so we stayed in the air-conditioned house instead.  It was nice because we played Scrabble (he kicked my butt, dang it), I had my dad open his present, and later we had another BBQ with some family friends.  I had trouble leaving because I was having such a nice time but I knew that I had to get back so I could be ready for work this morning.  Speaking of which, our whole area in the office has been rearranged so I'm moving once again.  It's a good thing I really don't have that much stuff, though I'm slowly accumulating more and more.  I'll have my own desk now, though it's still under construction so tomorrow I'm not sure where I'll be.  Slowly but surely sticking my foot in the door.  Hopefully this will be my last move for a little while...unless of course they're giving me the corner office with all the windows  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment