Monday, May 21, 2012

New Furniture

Saturday evening was a lot of fun because CJ, T, and I got dressed up and went out.  We were supposed to be celebrating Weedge and the fact that she'd finally finished the MCAT, but in the end she was nowhere to be found so we went out in our nice clothes anyways.  We started at Nola's where we were able to just talk to people and then ended up at The Patio.  Once we arrived there CJ and I were getting tired and so we didn't stay long.  T made a new friend, however, so she was all excited to stay and see where that was headed.  We made it home at a decent time and I fell right into bed because I had been up since 7am (woohoo Saturday morning private lessons!).

Yesterday I woke up and immediately began cleaning the house because my parents were coming down with new (well, slightly used, but like new) furniture.  Megan, T, and I moved a lot of the stuff we already had into the garage for storage.  T is going to be taking it with her when she goes to school in the fall but needs a place to keep it while she's gone for a month in Nepal.  It was great because it gave us a chance to clean a lot of stuff out; I think I took six separate trips to the recycling and garbage bins throughout the morning.

As the afternoon approached, Megan and I decided to head out to IKEA to see if we could find a dining room table.  That was one thing we weren't getting from my parents and needed to be taken care of.  We found a couple of tables we liked and were mulling over the prices when we stumbled on an amazing deal (four chairs and a table for $129).  We eventually picked it up along with some picture frames and a very large photo of the Golden Gate Bridge we are going to put up over the new couch.  It all managed to fit in the back of my little car and soon we were home assembling the pieces of our table.

My parents finally pulled up in the U-Haul they rented and we quickly unloaded everything:  couch, coffee table, side table, lamp, cabinet for the kitchen, my bike, a new mattress...and the list goes on I think.  It was nice that my roommates were around to help because the process only took us a grand total of 10 minutes.  Our house was transformed and now it's our job to just put the finishing touches on everything.  My mom also brought me some presents in the form of clothes for work, which is always exciting.  Of course she made me do a fashion show for her which took us up to the time we had to get ready for dinner.  We picked up Alex on the way to Reposado's and after a crazy parking experience we were safely inside.  My parents have never been there before so Alex recommended a few things.  Everyone enjoyed their meal, the conversation was good, and laughter was rampant so overall I think we had a great time.  From there we had to take a trip to San Jose so my parents could catch an 8pm Amtrak back up to Sacramento.  It was sad to see them go after such a short trip but I'll be heading home next weekend so I'll get another opportunity to spend time with them.

By the time I got home it was getting dark but my roommates and I threw around a football for a little while.  It was fun but I'm much better at catching than throwing; I've got the distance thing covered but not so much the spiral thing.  Once it became too dark for us to really see we went back inside and I broke in our new couch by watching Beauty and the Beast (yeah, Disney!) before heading to bed.  It was a very productive and exciting day so with my new mattress and box-spring it was easy for me to fall asleep.  Now another week begins, but there are fun things up ahead so I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment