Sunday, March 25, 2012

Furniture!





Today I took a big step and actually went out to buy myself some furniture.  I've been unhappy about my situation for a little while now and I finally decided I wanted to do something about it.  After a week filled with some unanticipated confrontations, it was just what I needed.  It was a nice day outside instead of the predicted rain, so I happily drove off to Ikea in search of a dresser.  Not only was I successful in finding one, but I also ended up with the matching bed frame (which means I'm officially off the floor!).














Finding the furniture proved easy, but actually getting the boxes into my car was quite difficult because they were heavy and bulky and I was alone.  I somehow managed (with the help of a nice older man at one point) and soon I was back at my apartment, ready to assemble all the pieces.











Little did I know that the assembly would take me over three hours to complete and after a whole lot of tightening screws, I'm sure my forearm will be sore in the morning.  I still had a good time and really like putting things together like that.  It made the afternoon go by quickly and the results made me so happy.  I finally have a place to put my clothes (no longer in the living room!) and I have a real bed.  I'm so excited over such a small change, but it just reaffirms my decision to bite the bullet and go for it...yay!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are some nice furniture. I love that dresser, it looks chic! Doing things yourself is fun and challenging, though it can be difficult. In the end, you will always be happy with the result. I used to have a hard time when my mom taught me how to make bags from beads. In the end I was happy with how it turned out. Doing things your way will always make you happy in the end.

    ReplyDelete