Sunday, November 6, 2011

Say What!?

Today I was informed by my roommates that I don't look like anyone in my family.  I'm pretty sure I met them with a blank stare because all my life I've been told how much I resemble both of my parents.  According to my mom, I walk exactly like my dad and I know he gave me all of his lengthy limbs (thanks!).  I also know that growing up, if you stood me by a picture of my mom at the same age, I look like a clone (minus some of the clothing/hairstyles...70s!!).  It's been noted by my friends that my brother and I used to look like twins (he was big, I was small...apparently a 3.5 year difference didn't do much), so either I've changed A LOT or my roommates are crazy.  I would like to think it's the latter because I am kind of fond of my connection to my family.

They also informed that I have really thin hair...also a shocker because every time I go to get my hair cut, the only thing the hairdresser comments on is how thick it is.  Hmmm, I'm confused...maybe it's just their Asian perception.

On another note, exam tomorrow (in 13 hours I'll be done)!  I *think* I'm prepared, but the course covered such a wide variety of topics that aren't really linked together, so I'm interested in what types of questions the professors will come up with.  I guess I'll find out soon enough.  Send your good luck my way!  :)

1 comment:

  1. WE think you have your father's l o n g limbs and your gramp's looks, and your brother has my father's body and your gramp's looks, which, in both cases, says you two resemble your mother in the looks department. Lucky for you in the looks department. My family was/is lean on looks but were/are built like grain silos. Maybe your roommates mean that your hair is fine, not sparse.

    Hope the exam went well. Love you, Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete