Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gunning For The 23rd

With another exam in the books, it's time to focus in one last time...buckle down and get through this last subject.  At 4:15pm on November 23rd (9:15pm on the 22nd at home), I will be the happiest girl in the world.  At least that's what I'm hoping for.  If the exam is terrible, I might not be as elated, but I'm still going to be pretty ecstatic given that I will be done with my degree.  In fact, I'll even be done with school for the foreseeable future!!

The exam I had yesterday was the one I was dreading.  It was the most difficult subject of the three, and the only exam that was three hours (instead of two).  I'm really glad it's over, though I'm not sure how I did.  I felt confident on many of the questions, but it was kind of all-or-nothing because on the other ones I just stared down at the paper, hoping something semi-intelligent sounding would pop into my head.  I took last night off of studying, but I was back at it today; I went through five lectures and have 14 more.  The whole left side of my body is in serious need of a massage...in fact, I think I'll make a booking for right after my exam is over.  It will my treat to myself for working so hard.

In more exciting news, it's 30 days until my parents get here, and 59 until I land in San Francisco.  Not that I'm excited at all...haha :)  I'm a bit nervous about what's going to happen once I get home; I'm so used to having everything planned that this "up in the air" business is kind of driving me crazy.  People keep telling me it will all work out and I'm doing my best to believe them.  In the mean time, I'm trying to put together a list of things to do after my exams and before my parents get here.  I'll have a good chunk of time to myself and I want to fill my days with fun excursions.  I only have 41 days left to explore this amazing country that I'm in.  As the end draws near, I'm more and more thankful that I took the trip up the coast over my break.  I really feel like I've taken advantage of being here and have seen and done so many cool things.

I'm staring straight at my pillow and blanket right now and both are calling my name.  I'm heading to bed and gearing up for another exciting day of studying.  It's been quite nice during the day, but it's currently raining again (we've had some crazy storms lately).  The rain makes for good study weather because it keeps me focused and indoors.  And it's also a nice sound to fall asleep to.  Night night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment