Saturday, October 22, 2011

Korean BBQ

If you ask me, it was just a matter of time before my Korean roommates introduced me to their native cuisine.  Yesterday, my roommate Liz decided to bite the bullet and buy the 27" Mac desktop computer.  Let me tell you, it is AMAZING.  She needed some help because it is quite large, heavy, and awkward to handle, so Sun and I went and helped her carry it home.  As a thank you, she decided we should go out and get Korean BBQ for dinner.  I'm really glad we did because it was so yummy!  Liz knew of a place that is hidden in one of downtown Melbourne's little alleyways (as are most of the best places to eat in the city).  When we arrived we were the only ones there, but the room quickly filled as more customers filed in.  I let Sun do the ordering, mostly because the menu was in Korean, but I'm glad I did because he made some good choices.

I've never been to Korean BBQ before, so I didn't know how it worked.  It ends up that the waiters bring out your (raw) meat and then you cook it on the grill at your table.  Liz told me that usually the guy at the table does the grilling, so we let Sun take over.  We got three different kinds of beef delivered to our table, along with rice, vegetables, and some other Korean things I either can't spell or just can't remember the names of.




Afterwards, we hit up our favorite dessert place for churros.  We enjoyed dark chocolate dip as well as caramel...mmm.


Once home, we helped Liz set up her computer before catching most of "Marley & Me" on TV.  By the end of it, it was time for bed.  I woke up a little later this morning and am now contemplating on how I want to spend my day.  After a couple of days of rain, we finally have some sunshine again and it seems a shame to spend such a nice day indoors.  I finally finished all but one of my clinical engineering models on LabView, which I have to present to my professor tomorrow before turning in my final report by Friday.  There is no final exam for that class and I will be more than happy to rinse my hands of it come the end of the week.  I also have my anatomy paper to work on, but it's not due until November 11th and I already have a draft done, soooo I'm thinking the sun is calling my name.  Maybe a nice run at one of the parks is in order to clear my head before I jump into the beginning of my FINAL WEEK (of course I'm going to have to wait until the Stanford football game is over...reunion homecoming this weekend!).  I can't believe it's already here, but my brain is so thankful.  One month from today and my exams will be over.  Thank goodness :)


No comments:

Post a Comment