Friday, June 17, 2011

Traumatic Subdural Hematoma

Cerebral contusion, traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage, dementia pugilistica...these are just some of the wonderful terms I committed to memory earlier this week and am already trying to forget.  I have to purge these from my storage space and make room for one more round of cramming.  My Cellular and Tissue Biomechanics final exam was this afternoon, and so far, despite the fact that the class was very disorganized, I feel like this was my best showing.  Hopefully I can top it on Monday when I take on Biomedical Engineering, but we'll just have to wait and see.  I can't wait until this time next week when I'll have been to Canberra and will have also spent my first day in Sydney.  I was going to embark on my journey the day after I was done with exams, but I finally decided to give myself that day to get organized and I'm really glad I did.  Things are going by so quickly as it is, and I don't know if I would have been ready on time if I had to leave next Tuesday. 
I can't believe that one semester of school is finally coming to a close.  My brain is so exhausted from being in such a heightened and stressed state for the past three weeks; it's definitely time for a break.  But the situation also got me thinking about the fact that I will probably only be a student for 12 more weeks!!  After 18 years, that's not a lot of time at all, and I'm going to have to give myself time to adjust.  It's all I've really known and it's comfortable, but I don't really think that I want to pursue a PhD, so this will be the end of the line for me.  I'm sure that whatever lies ahead will be exciting too, but I really like being a student in spite of all the complaining that I do  :)

In other news, poor LC will be getting picked up tomorrow to go home for some cosmetic surgery.  Unfortunately he was in his first accident, but it wasn't his fault.  Hopefully the recovery time won't be that long and he can be back on the road, good as new, in no time.  As my mom put it, he is a few years old and could use a facelift.  Always the optimist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment