Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No More Fourier Transforms

I'm happy to say that round two of the final exam period is over and that I will, for the time being at least, no longer be required to remember anything about the dreaded Fourier analysis.  I do have to say, that as much grief as it gave me and for all of the hours I spent completing MatLab labs, Medical Imaging was probably my favorite course this semester and the one that I feel like I got the most out of.  I loved the professor and the way that she taught the class.  She is one of the first female professors I've had since concentrating on my engineering courses, which is an interesting fact that I didn't think about until I stumbled upon the subject with one of my classmates.  She is actually a professor in the Electrical Engineering department, which is very male-dominated, and currently is a part of 15 publications about varying topics focusing around MRI.
Next up will be Cellular and Tissue Biomechanics on Friday, which is a class that didn't turn out at all as I expected.  Part of the reason for that is because of the fact that the professor didn't update the handbook before I registered for the course, so I had a skewed view of what we would be covering in the twelve weeks of instruction.  It wasn't at all related to anything I'd done throughout my biomechanics career and is going to be rather difficult to study for.  And the added bonus is that this upcoming exam is what they call a "hurdle," meaning that I have to pass the exam to pass the class.  All I call it is added pressure.  Oh well, two hours of torture, it will be over, and I'll just have to wait and see if I did enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment