Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ohhhh-Leven!

It's that time of the year again...time for Stanford to celebrate the members of the class of 2011 (and all those left over from the best class Stanford has ever seen, 2010).  Stanford's 120th Commencement ceremony is on Sunday and the class of oh-leven has been experiencing all of the fun activities that go along with such an amazing weekend.  These include Senior Dinner on the Quad (always a fan favorite) and the Senior Student-Athlete Banquet, which I really enjoyed last year.
I can't believe that it's been one year already since I "graduated" and celebrated four of the best years of my life with my classmates.  I also can't believe how different my life is now compared to what it was one short year ago.  So much as happened to me and many people that I know, and it's exciting.  However, I have to say that I've been a bit nostalgic lately and really wish that I was on The Farm right now enjoying the festivities with all the people I love.  All you oh-leveners will know what I mean at this time next year.

Dani, Gretchen, and Shelley as little froshies...so cute  :)
I extend my congratulations to all you guys who are walking across the stage this weekend, but most of all to Shelley (Pac-10 Postgraduate Scholarship recipient), Dani, Gretchen, Alex, Tim, Ryan, Josh, and Abhi (who will be doing the ME Coterm next year...such a stud).  You guys are awesome and I hope you are having the best time!  Enjoy it while it lasts...I'm sure you now realize how quickly time flies.

Tim, Alex, Ryan, Abhi, and Josh
Even though now my school colors are blue and white, and in spite of all the grief my father has given me over the years, I will always bleed Cardinal.  Stanford is one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and I hope all you soon-to-be graduates feel the same.  Oh, and you better have some awesome Wacky Walk ideas.  I can't wait to see pictures  :)

Cartwheels down the aisle at graduation, Superman capes and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment