Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Moving Day

Three round-trips across town and I am officially moved into my new place.  There are some things that I need to go out and get, but I am happy to be here.  Not only do I have an awesome grown-up sized bed (instead of the twin I was on before) and a really comfy desk chair, but I have a fast internet connection that will allow me to Skype without the annoying few seconds delay and I will be saving about $400 per month.  And best of all, I don't have to deal with the terrible UniLodge management any longer.  Someone is set to move in to my old place on Friday, which means that I won't actually be out any money at all...fantastic.
After getting settled, I went to the store because I am really excited to have an oven and the ability to cook real food (instead of having to microwave everything).  Because I am in a different part of town, I have to get reacquainted with my surroundings.  My new roommates pointed me in the direction of the nearest grocery store, and without really knowing where I was headed, I found it.  It took me a long time to go through and get everything, but it was fun.  On the way home I managed to get completely turned around and ended up walking around in the wrong direction for about 20 minutes...all while carrying all of my groceries.  It has been raining on and off all day, but luckily it stayed dry while I tried to find my way home.  I would have been miserable otherwise.
All of this activity means that I haven't studied at all today, so I am going to have to get back to it for a few hours before I get ready to cook dinner.  Ugh, finals...ruins everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment