Saturday, March 19, 2011

Anniversary Month

Well, the month of March has proven to be one full of anniversaries for me.  To start off, March 17th was the first anniversary of my ankle surgery, performed last year at Stanford Hospital.  Ankle reconstruction...sounds brutal (and it was once the numbing medcation initially wore off) but now I am running almost every day and can jump around as I so choose.  It's great! 

Next up, this Tuesday, March 22nd, will mark one month that I've been in Australia.  It's crazy to think that it's been that long already, and I know that time will continue to fly by.  On the one hand, I feel like I've been able to do a lot of exploring, but on the other I know that there is so much left that I want to do.  I can only hope that I can take full advantage of the next 9 months. 

Continuing on, March 24th is the 27th wedding anniversary for my parents.  27 years, that's so amazing!  I am so happy for them, and I can't wait to see what is in store for them in the next 27 years.

Lastly, March 25th is the 3-year mark for my elbow surgery.  A torn ligament and an avulsion fracture were both repaired, and though it hindered my gymnastics, I am grateful that I can now do everything pain-free (well, almost).

1 comment:

  1. You live by milestones, it seems. What will you have to remember this time next year,besides translating Aussie.

    We're glad you found others "like you," even if they aren't in your area of study. Perhaps one or another of them will become more than just "another American on campus" for you.

    Love you, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete